Blog and Logo
Our blog is built with WordPress.org software and “Ocean WP” theme.
Our blog is hosted by OVH, whose head office is located at 2 rue Kellermann – 59100 Roubaix – France.
The editors are Julien Espaze and Margaux Dewitte: [email protected]
The logo is a creation of camoucamillou75.
It cannot be reproduced without permission.
Unless otherwise stated, all photos are the exclusive property of Serial Hikers. They cannot be used without agreement.
Sharing our photos is authorized by mentioning serialhikers.com website, as long as it’s a “social” sharing and not a reuse (for another article for example).
- Partial copying of an article excerpt, on a website or blog under the following conditions: limitation to 300 characters, followed by the mention “Source:” followed by a link composed of the post url on SerialHikers website. The link must not contain the attribute ” rel= “nofollow ” “.
- Partial copy of a post or post extracts on a paper support (written press) under the following conditions: limited to 500 characters, preceded or followed by the mention “Source: https://www.serialhikers.com”.
- Short quotations of the content are permitted, provided that the author name and the source are clearly indicated by a link to one of the pages of this website.
Reuse of a photo, logo or post
If you would like to use our content in another way, please contact us, we will certainly find a solution.
Violation of copyright is the offence of counterfeiting.
Blog administrators have the right to moderate, modify or delete any comment. Failure to comply with any of the following rules will result in the deletion of the comment:
- Comments that are defamatory, racist, pornographic, paedophilic, inciting to crime, crime or suicide.
- Comments reproducing private correspondence without the consent of the concerned persons
- Aggressive or vulgar comments
- Comments intended solely for the purpose of linking to an external site
Limitation of liability
SerialHikers cannot be held responsible for direct and indirect damages (material or not) when using serialhikers.com website.
Collected personal data
Certain types of personal data may be collected:
- Data entered and sent via the contact and newsletter registration forms, or by sending comments (“E-mail address” and “Name”). The aim is to be able to contact people who have left their information.
- Some public data from your social profile may be collected (depending on your privacy settings: name, photo…) as well as your email address to connect to our site (sending comments).
Navigation data collected by the audience measurement tool Google Analytics. The aim is to analyse the behaviour of Internet users on the site. Google Analytics uses “cookies”, which are defined in the following paragraph.
EDIT – We are migrating to alternatives to Google, mainly for ethical reasons. As a result, we have implemented the French audience measurement tool “Matomo“. You can completely disable its functionality as you wish:
[matomo_opt_out language=en background_color=E5E4E2 font_color=000 font_size=16px font_family=Arial width=100% height=100px]
When you leave a comment on our website, not only the data you entered in the comment form but also your IP address and your browser’s user agent are collected to help us detect unwanted comments.
The data collected via the forms are kept until the user requests deletion.
If you leave a comment on our site, you will be asked to save your name, e-mail address and website in cookies. This is only for your convenience so that you do not have to enter this information if you make another comment later. These cookies expire after one year.
If you have an account and log on to this site, a temporary cookie will be created to determine if your browser accepts cookies. It does not contain any personal data and will be deleted automatically when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will set a number of cookies to save your login information and screen preferences. The lifetime of a login cookie is two days, that of a screen option cookie is one year. If you check “Remember me”, your cookie will be stored for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the cookie will be deleted.
When you edit or post a publication, an additional cookie will be stored in your browser. This cookie does not contain any personal data. It simply indicates the ID of the publication you have just modified. It expires after one day.
Embedded content from other sites
Posts on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images,…). Embedded content from another site behaves in the same way as if the visitor were visiting this other site.
Storage duration of your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This makes it possible to automatically recognize and approve subsequent comments instead of leaving them in the moderation queue.
For users who register on our site (if possible), we also store the personal data indicated in their profile. All users can view, modify or delete their personal information at any time (except for their username). Site managers can also view and modify this information.
Rights that you own over your data
If you have an account or if you have left comments on the site, you can request to receive a file containing all the personal data we have about you, including those you have provided. You may also request the deletion of your personal data. This does not include data stored for administrative, legal or security purposes. Simply send us a request by email to [email protected] or via our contact form.
Transmission of your personal data
Visitors’ comments can be verified using an automated service to detect unwanted comments.
Confidentiality and safety of personal data
Personal data concerning you and collected by the site are only intended for serialhikers.com and will only be used within the framework of the explicit request via the form. Under no circumstances will the personal data entered and sent on the forms be transmitted, rented or marketed to third parties.
This site and personal data are hosted on OVH’s secure servers within the European Union. SerialHikers undertakes never to transfer personal data to a country that is not a member of the European Community.
The security level of the OVH hosting provider is certified by ISO certifications and standards: PCI-DSS certification, ISO/IEC 27001 certification, SOC 1 TYPE II and SOC 2 TYPE II certificates, etc. However, no transmission or storage of personal data is ever completely secure. Consequently, we cannot guarantee the infallible security of the information transmitted or stored on the hosting servers.